You can control your Samsung TV without a remote in a number of ways. Smart TVs are becoming more and more popular these days, and Samsung is one of the best brands in the business.
If you have a Samsung smartphone and a Samsung smart TV at home, you’ve hit the device compatibility jackpot.
Maybe you were close to getting it, but the batteries died just as you were about to turn up the volume. On the other hand, you probably have your phone close by when you watch TV, so having it as a backup remote is useful.
You need to set up your phone correctly before you can use it to control the TV. You can do this in a few different ways, and we’ll show you all of them.
How to Use an Android Phone to Run a Samsung TV
Even if you have an Android phone, it’s easy to use it to control your Samsung TV. Android OS is used by smartphones from different brands, like LG.
Another time when the SmartThings app comes to the rescue. You can get the Android version of the app from the Google Play store and use it to connect your Android phone and Samsung TV.
Here are the steps you should take.
- On your Android phone, open the SmartThings app. Find the “Devices” tab at the bottom of the screen and click on it.
- Choose the “+” sign.
- Tap “Look around.”
- Make sure to turn on your Samsung TV. When your Android phone is done scanning, it will show the name of the TV.
- When a PIN shows up on your TV, type the numbers into your Android phone.
- Tap “Done.”
Use JustABlip To Turn Your iPhone Into a Remote.
The App Store has a widget called JustABlip for Samsung TVs.
It is easy to set up, and you can use it to control your Samsung TV in any way you want.
Make sure that both your Samsung TV and your phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi before you use the app.
After this is done, do the following:
- Get the app from the App Store and install it.
- Click “Find TV” when the app is up and running. Make sure that the TV is on.
- The app will automatically find your TV. All you have to do is click “Connect.”
- After that, a pop-up will show up on the screen. Click “Allow,” and the app will be able to control the TV.
- The app can also be used as a widget for the Notification Center. This means that you won’t have to start the app every time you want to watch TV.
You can control your Samsung TV with SmartThings.
Samsung SmartThings is built into every Samsung TV. You can download the app to your iPhone and then use it as a TV remote.
What you have to do is:
- Make sure that both the TV and the device you are using are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Put the Samsung SmartThings app on your device.
- Start the app and add your TV to the list of connected devices.
- Choose your TV from the menu.
- Depending on the type of TV, a virtual remote will show up on your phone.