iOS 15.4 beta testing is now open for developers, as are the related operating systems such as iPadOS 15.4, watchOS, and tvOS. Check out everything of iOS 15.4’s new features, bug fixes, and improvements.
Apple has already stated that iOS 15.4 will be a significant upgrade, including Face-ID with mask, a new set of emojis, and the much-anticipated Universal Control for iPad, among other things.
The Release Notes for iOS and iPadOS 15.4 are already available. We already know what will be included in the future iOS version. Apple has already pushed back the release of the second beta, which was released in January. It’s on the verge of arriving.
iOS 15.4 Release Date and Time
Apple hasn’t specified a particular release date for iOS 15.4, but it did say in a news release that it would be available next week. It will be introduced at the same time as the iPhone SE 3 and iPad Air 5, all of which were just released.
On March 18, 2022, both iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 are planned to be launched at the same time. It might be finished as soon as Monday or Tuesday.
Apple usually releases iOS updates at about 10 a.m. Pacific time. As a result, the next update is expected to arrive at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET/12 p.m. CT/11 a.m. MT/3 p.m. GMT. There may be a 10 to 15-minute delay depending on your device.
Don’t be alarmed if you didn’t receive the iOS update at the exact time after seeing tweets from people who already have the latest iOS version.
iOS 15.4 and iPad 15.4 are currently available for beta testing.
iOS 15.4 is now available for beta testing if you’ve signed up for Apple’s public Beta Software Program, which is free for anyone with a compatible device and an Apple ID. Developers may get into the beta right now, but they’ll have to pay an annual fee to get a developer account.
If you want, you can start using the pre-release version of the upcoming iOS version right now. Keep in mind, though, that beta versions are notoriously unreliable and filled with irritating problems and glitches. As a result, only test it on your backup device.
iOS 15.4 adds new features and fixes bugs.
The new iOS 15.4 will have a bevy of intriguing upgrades in addition to the essential bug fixes. Fortunately, the beta copies of the forthcoming iOS update have already revealed what will be included.
Take a peek at all that’s on offer.
With the use of a mask, it is possible to recognize someone’s face.
Because of the global COVID-19 outbreak, Apple is preparing to allow consumers to use Face ID while wearing a mask. Users can enable the “Use Face ID with a Mask” feature in the Face ID & Passcode settings after upgrading to iOS 15.4.
Face ID will be able to recognize your face without you needing to fully expose it from that point forward. Even if Apple is a touch late in delivering the feature as the world prepares to remove the mask, better late than never.
The emojis have been refreshed.
A new set of emojis will be included in the forthcoming iOS version. 37 new emojis and 75 skin tone variations are included in the iOS 15.4 beta. They’ll be included in the Unicode Consortium’s final public release of Emoji Version 14.0.
Emojis such as melting face, saluting face, biting lip, jar, beans, x-ray, bubbles, and more will be accessible on your iPhone shortly.
Universal \Control Across the Board
Universal Control has been in the works for quite some time on the iPad. It was supposed to be released last fall, but it will now be released with iPadOS 15.4. This feature allows you to drag & drop files between the iPad and Mac, as well as between Macs.
It also allows you to share your keyboard and mouse wirelessly across your two Apple devices. In the AirPlay & Handoff menu, it’s under the General Settings tab. There’s also a new Cursor and Keyboard (Beta) option.
AirTag has been upgraded to be more secure.
With iOS and iPadOS 15.4, Apple has also made a number of changes to AirTag to make it more secure and prevent tracking. “AirTag is supposed to be seen by victims and to allow law enforcement to request identifying information about the owner,” the company says in a new warning during the setup process.
There’s also a caution that it’s illegal to track someone without their knowledge using an AirTag. The future iOS version will have more accurate device identification to eliminate “Unknown Accessory” warnings.
Siri now has a new voice.
In iOS 15.4, the new American Siri Voice 5 will be accessible for usage in all interactions.
Apple included in the beta version of iOS 15.4 a new voice for Siri. A new voice with a less defined gender was recorded by an LGBTQ+ person, and this was the only detail that would be disclosed. This Siri is only available in English for now. pic.twitter.com/gqa0vpgZ4x— PlayGround + (@PlayGroundPlus) March 9, 2022
The new voice has neither a male nor a female tone to it. It was recorded by a member of the LGBTQ+ community, according to Apple.
This is seen as Apple’s next step toward diversity and inclusion of various groups.
Tap and pay.
Apple also introduces the architecture for the ‘Tap to Pay’ functionality in iOS 15.4. Thanks to a new payment processing mechanism, Apple Pay payments will be accepted on your iPhone without the need for a credit card terminal or other gear.
This contactless payment option is not yet available in the public beta. It is only available to developers for the time being.
You can save digital IDs with the Wallets App.
Another major feature of the new iOS version is the ability to upload digital IDs, such as driver’s licenses and state IDs, to the iPhone’s Wallet app. This functionality will only be available to users in the United States for the time being.
It will also be available to users on a state-by-state basis. Arizona, Georgia, Connecticut, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Oklahoma, and Utah are the first in line.
The Health Department will also start accepting the EU Digital COVID Certificate format. You can add eligible regions to your immunization record in the Health and Wallet apps.
There will be even more new features in iOS 15.4.
Along with the features listed above, iOS 15.4 has a lot of other intriguing and useful features, so take a look:
- Users can add notes to a password entry in Keychain. Go to Settings and then Passwords to see your Keychain entries.
- The iPhone will be able to use the adjustable triggers function of the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller.
- Add a new Apple Card widget to your home screen or Today view to see your current balance and spending activities.
- Third-party apps on the iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max will support 120Hz ProMotion.
- Safari will quietly stop remembering your passwords when there is no distinct login name for a website. Instead, in order to save a complete contribution, you’ll be asked to provide your credentials.
- You can turn off notifications for Personal Automations in Shortcuts.
- Custom email domains can now be set up directly from the iPhone’s iCloud Mail app.
- You can start SharePlay from the Share Sheet.
- You may customize the left and right corner swipe motions in the Notes app.
- Users can now use their iPhone to sign in to passkey-compatible websites and apps on their iPad or Mac.
- The ‘Cosmetic Scan’ tool will check for damage while swapping your iPhone.
All of these important features will be added to the iPhone after iOS 15.4 is installed.
Bug fixes will be included in iOS 15.4.
iOS 15.4 will be no exception. New iOS versions are known for offering much-needed bug fixes and cures. In the upcoming iOS release, the following bugs are scheduled to be fixed:
- The keyboard inserts a period in between typed numerals.
- Live Listen does not turn off even after it is turned off in Control Center.
- Photos and videos are not syncing in iCloud Photo Library.
- Widgets for today’s news When you tap on an article, it does not open.
- On the iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max, third-party apps do not support 120Hz animations.
- Here are the iOS and iPadOS 15.4 Release Notes, which detail the new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
How do you get iOS 15.4 on your iPhone?
When iOS 15.4 is released, follow these instructions to install it:
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the General option.
- After that, choose Software Update.
- From the drop-down option, choose Download and Install.
- Finally, wait for the device to be upgraded.
If you wish to install it before the public release, you’ll need to sign up for Apple’s Beta Software Program here. Then simply follow the above-mentioned guidelines.
Also, check sure your smartphone has adequate space to install the latest iOS update. You should not be on the verge of running out of space. You’ll also need at least 50%, if not more, battery power. We recommend backing up your data before updating the device.
Which iPhone models will work with iOS 15.4?
iOS 15.4 will be compatible with all iPhones that are compatible with iOS 15. The following is a list of iOS 15.4 compatible devices:
- Apple’s iPhone 13 is a tiny iPhone 13 model. iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro,
- Small iPhone 12 The iPhone 12 is a high-end smartphone, and the iPhone 12 Pro is no exception.
- Max iPhone 12 Pro is a high-end smartphone.
- The iPhone 11 Pro is a high-end smartphone. iPhone 11 vs. iPhone 11 Pro vs. iPhone 11 vs. (iPhone 11 Pro)
- iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs, iPhone
- iPhone XR (iPhone XR) (iPhone XR)
- iPhone X iPhone 8 iPhone 8 Plus iPhone X Plus iPhone X Plus iPhone X Plus iPhone X Apple iPhone X Plus Apple iPhone X Plus Apple iPhone X Plus iPhone 7 Plus iPhone X The iPhone 7 is a smartphone that was released in
- Apple Apple iPhone 6s
- SE (iPhone SE) iPhone 6s Plus (Plus) (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (iPhone SE) (2nd generation)
- Shuffle iPod (7th generation)
- Check the list above to see if your iPhone is compatible with iOS 15.4. If it’s available, then yes; otherwise, no.
iOS 15.4 Download Size and Required Free Space
Apple has not yet released the download size for iOS 15.4, but we will update this section as soon as it is available.
However, to install it, you’ll need a lot of free space. If you’re running out of space, try removing some photos, movies, programs, and other files. You’ll normally need 1.5GB to 2GB of free space to update your iPhone.
We’re not sure how much room you’ll need, but sticking to the regulations should suffice.
Are you anticipating the release of the new iOS version next week and planning to install it right away? Leave your thoughts in the comments section.