For whatever reason, you might not want to provide Instagram with your phone number, or you might have forgotten or lost the number you used to sign up. This article will show you how to sign up for an account and login without providing a phone number, as well as what to do if you’ve forgotten your password and can’t use your phone to get a recovery code.
How to Register without A Phone Number
Enter your email address to join Instagram. When you first sign up for Instagram, you have the option of entering an email address rather than a phone number. Install the Instagram app on your mobile device to accomplish this.
- If you’re using an Android device, launch the app and select Sign Up with Email or Phone Number; if you’re using an
- Phone or iPad, launch the app, and select Create New Account. Simply enter your email address and then click the Next button.
- If Instagram needs to verify your email address, they will send you a message there.
- When you click the Next button, you’ll be asked to set up a username, password, and profile details.
- You can sign up for Instagram through the website at https://www.instagram.com/. Then, you can create a username and password by entering your email address and continuing through the on-screen prompts.
Just click the Facebook Sign Up button. A Facebook account can be used to sign up for Instagram. This can be done by launching the Instagram app or going to https://www.instagram.com/ and tapping or clicking the login with Facebook button. When you open Instagram, it will open Facebook and ask for permission to access your account.
Enter your username or email address and click the “Log In” button. You can access your Instagram account by launching the Instagram app or going to https://www.instagram.com/. In the primary text field of the login screen, you may enter either your username or the email address you registered with. Simply enter your password in the second text box.
If you logged in using Facebook, please use the login with a Facebook link.
Install a Second-Factor Authentication App and Set It Up.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a great way to increase the safety of your online accounts. With 2FA, your phone is texted a verification code whenever you log in from a new device, but Instagram gives you the option to use a different authentication app if you prefer. So that we can:
- Install an authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or the 2Stable Authenticator App.
- Throw open the Instagram app and sign in.
- Select your profile by clicking on the corresponding icon in the upper right corner.
- To do this, click the button labeled in the top right corner of your screen.
- The top option in the drop-down menu is an image called Settings in Android 7.
- Select the Security option.
- To begin, select Two-Factor Authentication from the menu.
- If you want to disable the Authentication app, tap the button that looks like an iPhone with an off switch (iphoneswitchofficon.png)
- To link Instagram with your preferred authentication service, just follow the on-screen prompts.
2. Password Recovery Options when No Phone Number Is Associated
- Fire up Instagram. In the event that you have forgotten your Instagram password and no longer have access to the phone number associated with your account, you can use one of Instagram’s alternative account recovery options. Launch Instagram and select “Log In” from the menu.
- Simply fill in your email or username. You can also use the top text field to enter your phone number, which was used during registration. You can still access your Instagram account information by entering the number, even if you no longer have access to it.
- Simply select the “Forgot password?” option. Instead of entering your password in the field provided, click the Forgot password. the link that should be displayed below the login boxes. Just by tapping the link, you’ll be taken to a different window.
- Get in touch with us via email or by giving us a call. To proceed, you’ll need to enter the email address or phone number you used to sign up for your account. If you registered with a telephone number, enter it here even if you no longer have access to it.
- Choose I need more assistance. Do not proceed to the next page after providing contact information such as an email address or phone number. A verification code will be texted to your number at this point. You can access a variety of other account recovery choices by tapping Need more help? at the screen’s footer.
- To have your password changed, select one of the available options. A password reset link can be sent to any of the registered email addresses on your account. You can recover your account information and set up a new password by sending a request to your Instagram friends to verify your identity.
- Tap To get assistance, you could also try some other methods. There is an alternative you can try if none of the methods on the Need more help? page help.
- If you are having trouble, please fill out the form by clicking the Try another way link at the bottom of the screen. Please complete the form below and provide the requested information so that Instagram’s support team can assist you in regaining access to your account
- Instagram may request identifying information from you before accepting your account. As an example, you could be required to submit a photo of your government-issued photo ID, a photo of yourself, or even a video selfie.