These days, most of us spend a good chunk of our day glued to our screens while we work remotely.
This also holds true for the use of video chats. Whatsapp is becoming one of the most popular video chatting apps, however, the desktop software only allows for one-on-one audio or video calls.
Read this article to learn how to make free phone and video calls on a Mac or PC. You must have the most recent version of the WhatsApp Desktop app for your computer’s operating system installed.
Prerequisites for Windows PCs to Make WhatsApp Video Calls
There are three prerequisites for using WhatsApp for voice and video conversations on a computer:
Phone accessories include a speaker and a microphone. A webcam is also required for making video calls.
An operational PC and mobile phone with internet access.
In addition, WhatsApp will need access to your computer’s microphone and camera in order for you to make calls.
A Step-By-Step Guide on Making a Voice Call with Whats App on Your Computer
To initiate a voice call using WhatsApp on your computer, just follow these simple steps.
- Launch WhatsApp on your computer.
- Look up the QR code on your mobile device. To link a device, you’ll need to do the following: (launch WhatsApp on your mobile device > select Settings > linked devices > link a device).
- Open the individual conversation with the person you wish to make a call to
- Click on the voice call icon
- Just press the call’s end button when you’re finished.
- You can mute or unmute your microphone by clicking the microphone icon during the call.
Tutorial on How to Make a Desktop Whats App Video Call
Here are the quick and easy steps you need to do to make a video call using WhatsApp on your desktop:
- Launch the WhatsApp PC client.
- Look up the QR code on your mobile device. To link a device, go to WhatsApp on your phone, then go to Settings > Linked Devices > Link a Device.
- Launch the one-on-one conversation you have with the person you wish to video call.
- Tap on the Video call icon
- Done talking? Delete the call by pressing the End Call button.
- As with voice calling, you can mute or unmute your microphone by clicking the microphone icon during the call. You can also turn your camera off simply by touching the camera icon during the call.
Whatsapp Desktop: How To Switch Between Audio and Video Calls
If you’re on a phone call with someone and want to convert to a video call, you may do so in the same way you can with Apple’s FaceTime.
Here’s what you need to do on your desktop WhatsApp to go from a voice conversation to a video call:
- The procedure for initiating a voice call with contact is as described above.
- To access the camera during the call, simply hover over it.
- Choose the camera button.
- The other party will be given the option to continue the audio call, switch to video, or cancel the call.
- When the caller presses OK or Switch, the conversation will transition from audio to visual.