Apple Music, which first debuted in June 2015, has quickly become a favourite among Apple fans as a means to listen to music on the go.
Apple Music is available for web, iOS, and tvOS (on later Apple TVs), Android, and wearable devices (Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch), and PC/Mac.
You can enjoy over 70 million songs, access curated playlists curated by music experts, and listen to the 24/7 Apple Music 1 radio station featuring music curated by DJs from across the world.
Verizon Unlimited subscribers can get a free six-month Apple Music subscription in addition to the three months included in the unlimited plan’s trial (Opens in a new window).
You will have an instant end to your trial period if you cancel. A paid subscription, on the other hand, will remain active until the conclusion of the current billing cycle. Following these steps will end your Apple Music subscription permanently.
How to Stop Using Apple Music on Your iPhone or iPad
Apple Music subscriptions can be cancelled in the iOS or iPad settings. Here’s how to accomplish that goal:
- Launch the system preferences programme.
- After that, select “Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu next to your name.
- Then, go to the menu and pick Apple Music.
- Delete your subscription by clicking the corresponding button on the Edit Subscriptions screen. Instead, select the Free Trial option if you were eligible for a trial period at no cost.
- Verify the cancellation has been received.
Also: What are Passcodes and How Can I Set Them up On My Mac, iPad, or iPhone?
Remove Apple Music from Your Mac
Even if you only use a Mac, you can terminate your Apple Music subscription at any time. It may be slightly different to cancel your subscription from this device.
- The cancelling procedure must be initiated by selecting the Apple icon regardless of whether you are on Big Sur or Catalina.
- Then, access your Apple ID settings by selecting System Preferences. Then, choose “Media & Purchases” from the menu on the left.
- Select Manage next to where Subscriptions appear.
- A list of your current subscriptions will appear here. Click the Edit button next to the Apple Music subscription.
- Click the “Cancel Subscription” button now.
- Finally, click the Done button to close the subscription window and finalise the cancellation.
Cancelling Apple Music on Your TV
By using your Apple TV, you can terminate your Apple Music membership. This is possible with any Apple TV, including Apple TV 4K. I’ll show you how to do it:
- Enter the Menu button on your TV’s remote.
- To access your account, go to Users and Accounts and then click on your name.
- You’ll need to navigate to your account’s Subscriptions menu and then to the Apple Music Membership section.
- You can modify your subscription settings here or discontinue the service entirely.
Also: Instructions on Where to find for Saved Passwords on Your Mac and How to Edit Them!
An Android Guide to Deactivating Apple Music
You may stop your Apple Music membership right from the Android app. These are the procedures you should use:
- Activate your iPhone’s Apple Music app.
- Now, from the top right corner of the page, press the three-dot menu.
- Choose Account as your action.
- Check out the Subscriptions page. Select “Manage Subscription” from the menu that appears.
- The next step is to select the corresponding cancel subscription option.
- Verify that you really want to proceed with this.