HBO Max, for example, allows up to three devices to simultaneously stream movies and TV series. With no way to upgrade, this is now a hard limit, however, some may be able to get around it by purchasing a membership from a third-party supplier.
Subscribers who attempt to access more streams than they are permitted will see a warning notice stating that there are too many streams in use, as well as the lack of an option to begin streaming on the current device.
How do I sign up for HBO Max and watch it on my TV or a compatible streaming device?
From DIRECTV STREAM, Apple TV®, Smart TV, or another streaming device compatible with DIRECTV STREAM:
Open the HBO Max app when it has been downloaded. Alternatively, if you have DIRECTV STREAM:
- Look for the app on your device; it is already installed.
- To go to the app via the Guide, go to channel 190 or 500.
- Select the Sign In option (or try to play a show or movie). On your screen, you should see a six-digit code.
- From a web browser, go to hbomax.com/tvsignin.
- When prompted, enter the six-digit code and then click Next.
- Choose Sign in through TV or Mobile Provider from the app’s menu.
- Do you have an Apple TV and get free HBO Max access as part of your AT&T TV service? Allow is tapped. Tap Don’t Allow if you don’t want to allow it.
- Select AT&T and type in your AT&T user ID and password.
- Sign-in is the first option. HBO Max should appear on your TV screen. Create your HBO Max profile if this is your first time logging in. It could take up to a minute to complete.
- To begin streaming, select a profile.
What is the best way to watch HBO Max on a phone or tablet?
- Open the HBO Max app when it has been downloaded. Then, on the person symbol, tap (or try to play a show or movie.)
- Tap Sign In, then Sign in by TV or Mobile Provider.
- Have an Apple iPhone® or iPad® and receive free HBO Max access as part of your AT&T TV service? Allow is tapped. Tap Don’t Allow if you don’t want to allow it.
- Select AT&T and type in your AT&T user ID and password.
- Sign-in is the first option. HBO Max should now appear on your device’s screen. Create your HBO Max profile if this is your first time logging in. It could take up to a minute to complete.
- To begin streaming, select a watcher profile.
Which internet plan includes a subscription to HBO Max?
- HBO MaxTM is included free of charge with AT&T internet 1000.
- Go to the Overview section of your myAT&T account.
- My HBO Max can be found if you look for him.
- To begin streaming, simply follow the steps.
The security constraint of HBO Max
Although the restriction may be inconvenient for certain users and their families, HBO Max explains that one of the primary reasons for the restriction is security. Because an email address and password are frequently used to get access to a subscription service, HBO Max restricts the number of streams to help prevent account credentials from being misused or sold online.
Whether you’re getting the streaming on too many devices frequently, check to see if a device that shouldn’t be accessing the service has recently done so. This is where the HBO Max ‘Manage Devices’ setting comes in handy since this area can show you exactly which devices are utilizing your subscription and when.
How can I check my device’s recent history?
HBO Max makes it simple to see which devices have access to the account, as well as when those devices last connected to the service. This list can be viewed on the HBO Max website or through the HBO Max mobile apps. Both navigation modes are covered in the following sections.
Check your device’s history on HBO Max’s website:
- Go to the HBO Max website to learn more.
- In the top-right corner, select the profile symbol.
- Select ‘Manage Devices’ from the drop-down menu.
Using the HBO Max mobile app, you can look up your device’s history:
- Open the HBO Max application.
- In the bottom right corner, tap the profile symbol.
- In the upper-left corner, tap the Settings (cog) symbol.
- Choose ‘Manage Devices’ from the drop-down menu.
Regardless matter whether they are using the website or the mobile app, the user will be presented with the same information in this part. This includes the top part of the Manage Devices section, which displays the current device and the last time it was used to access the service.
Below that is an ‘Other Devices’ area, which contains information on all other devices that have recently visited HBO Max, as well as a timestamp for when they last logged in. Users may quickly discover and remove devices that should not be using the service.
Removing Devices from HBO Max
It’s simple to remove an unapproved smart TV, streaming player, or phone once you’re in the Manage Devices area. If you’re using the mobile app to view the area, simply press the X next to the device you’re looking for. If you’re using a desktop web browser, simply click the “sign out” option next to the unrecognized device.
It’s vital to remember that this action does nothing more than signing the device out of the service. If it’s assumed that someone already has the subscriber’s email and password, they can simply sign in with those credentials. As a result, it’s also a good idea to reset the HBO Max password at the same time to ensure that the device can’t access the service again.
Sign Out of All Devices
If a subscriber is concerned that their account has been compromised and there are multiple devices identified as having logged in recently, the fail-safe option to sign all devices out’ is available. This option is shown at the top of the Manage Devices section, underneath the current device.
When you click the sign all devices out’ button, you’ll immediately lose access to any device that has ever logged in with your HBO Max credentials. This will just log the devices out, requiring them to re-enter their credentials in order to gain access. As a result, before utilizing the sign out of all devices option, it is recommended that you reset your password to ensure that any unauthorized use is deleted and stays removed.