You seem to be constantly on the go. Calls from salespeople or, worse, scammers, are the last thing you need right now. Though they are rare, they do occur occasionally.
This is why your phone’s Block function is so useful. This feature automatically blocks nuisance calls so that you don’t have to take time out of your day to deal with them.
In order to avoid being bothered in the future by unknown callers, most of us prefer to block their numbers on our mobile devices. Blocking telemarketing and other nuisance calls is made easier with the help of an in-built capability on Android cellphones.
Unfortunately, in the process of blocking such undesirable numbers, we may inadvertently block our own, genuine, actual, unknown, or caretaker phone number. We’ll go over the Android settings for viewing the block list and removing unwanted numbers from there.
Phone Number Blocking on Android: A Step-By-Step Guide
In contrast, the procedure is straightforward if you have a Pixel, OnePlus, or another Android phone that relies heavily on Google’s own stock apps as the defaults, such as a cheap Nokia or Motorola phone.
- The app must be opened on the phone.
- Select the ‘Recent’ menu item.
- To put a blocked number on hold, press and hold the desired number.
- Choose the option to “Block/Report spam.”
- After you’ve blocked a number, you can see it in the Phone app by selecting the menu button (three dots), then select “Settings,” and finally selecting “Blocking settings.”
- You will see a screen labeled “Blocked numbers” shortly. If you add one by accident and need to delete it, just select it and press the ‘X’. Methods for accessing banned numbers in your phone’s address book and dialer
The blocked number can be viewed in a few different ways on Android phones and tablets. The makers of the user interface of a certain gadget may cause some minor variations. However, the Contacts or Phone app is one of the simplest ways to view the banned number on the device.
How To View a List of Blacklisted Numbers
- To begin, launch the Phone app and select the menu (three dots) icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu of available options.
- To continue, select a Block number.
- All of the blacklisted phone numbers on your Samsung device will be displayed here (Block number screen).
Samsung Phone Number Unblocking Instructions
To remove a number from the prohibited list, go to the “Block numbers” settings screen as described above, click the “-” (minus) symbol next to the number you want to remove from the blocked list, and then click OK.
How Can I Make Changes to My Blocked User’s List?
When you use Truecaller, you may easily access and maintain your personal block list. Here are the steps to take:
- Select the “Block” tab. Block icon Android.png
- Then, select the option to handle the block list by clicking the corresponding link.
- A number can be unblocked or marked as “not spam” at any time by searching for the number.