With Apple’s handy AirPlay casting feature, you can send content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to a wide variety of Roku players. This allows you to view media such as videos, photos, and more on your television.
Content from apps and websites, such as Hulu or HBO Max, can be AirPlayed to your Roku straight from your iOS device, Mac, or PC. Also, the Control Center on an iOS device or the Mirror Display option in the menu bar on a Mac allows you to send your entire display to your Roku.
All the steps are outlined below.
Roku models that support AirPlay
AirPlay isn’t compatible with every Roku player. You need a compatible device to use it. Select “Settings” from the main Roku menu, then “System” and “About,” to see what Roku model you have.
Roku OS 9.4 or later on the following devices are required:
- Roku TV models Axxxx, Cxxx, CxxGB, and 7xxxx (where x equals any model number)
- Roku Streambar model 9102
- Roku Streambar Pro model 9101R2
- Roku Smart Soundbar models 9100 and 9101
- Roku Streaming Stick+ models 3810 and 3811
- Roku Express 4K model 3940
- Roku Express 4K+ model 3941
- Roku Premiere models 3920 and 4620
- Roku Premiere+ models 3921 and 4630
- Roku Ultra models 4600, 4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, and 4800
- Roku Ultra LT model 4662
The following devices must be running Roku OS 10.0 or higher:
- Roku TV model Dxxxx and 8xxxx (where x equals any model number)
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3600, 3800, and 3801
- Roku Express models 3900, 3930, and 3801
- Roku Express+ models 3910 and 3931
- Roku HD model 3932
- Roku 2 models 4205 and 4210
- Roku 3 models 4200, 4201, and 4230
Any iPhone, iPad, or iTouch with iOS 12.3 or later, or any Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later, is required as an AirPlay-compatible Apple device.
Set up AirPlay on Roku
- Connect your Apple device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku streaming media player.
- The second thing you should do is make sure AirPlay is enabled on your Roku:
- To access Roku’s settings, select the option below “Home” on the main menu.
- Choose “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit” from the list of options under “Settings.”
Here’s the Lowdown on Beaming Video from Your I Os Device to Your Roku via AirPlay.
Search for the music, video, photo, or podcast on your iOS device and send it to your TV.
What comes next depends on the streaming app you’re using. Some of the most typical cases are as follows:
From the Spotify app:
Instead of streaming content directly from an app, you can use the “Screen Mirroring” feature in the Control Center to project your entire iOS device’s display onto your Roku.
- Access your device’s Settings menu. The Control Center can be accessed from the modern home screen or lock screen by swiping down from the top right corner. The Control Center can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on older devices (those without a home button).
- Select “Screen Mirroring” from the Settings menu.
- Next, choose your Roku player from the pop-up menu.
- Fourth, if your Roku prompts you to enter an AirPlay passcode, do so on your iOS device.
- At this point, your iOS device’s screen should begin mirroring onto your Roku.
To Roku via AirPlay or Display Mirroring on A Mac
Using AirPlay or screen mirroring, you can stream content from your Mac to Roku just like you would on an iOS device.
If you want to mirror your Mac’s screen to your Roku, do the following:
- In order for AirPlay to work, you must first enable it on your Mac. If the AirPlay icon (a square with a triangle protruding from it) does not appear in the menu bar at the top of your screen, go to System Preferences and click on “Displays.” Select the option to “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” at the page’s end under Displays.
- Once you’ve enabled AirPlay and are within range of your Roku TV, you can select it by clicking the AirPlay button in your device’s menu bar.
- You may be prompted to enter an AirPlay passcode from your Roku’s screen into a pop-up window on your Mac.
- Afterward, your Mac’s display should start reflecting on your Roku.
Read more:Pixabay: The Easiest Method to Import Pictures from Pixabay Into Word Press
The steps to AirPlay from a Mac to a Roku are as follows.
- First, start playing the video in the app or website (like Hulu or Amazon Prime Video) you want to AirPlay from.
- Second, find the video controls (typically in the top left or right of the page) and click the AirPlay icon to stream the video to your device.
- The content you’ve requested should start playing on your TV as soon as you select your Roku device from the pop-up menu.
Hints for Fixing Issues
If your Roku device isn’t showing up in the AirPlay menu, try the following solutions:
- Before continuing, check to see if the Roku model you own is one of those mentioned at the top of this piece.
- If you want to watch content from your Apple device on your TV, it must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- You must enable AirPlay on your Roku player.