You can get your Apple Watch back or at least help other people return it to you in a variety of situations, from figuring out where you left it in the house to track it down across the world.
Putting on an expensive timepiece like an Apple Watch for the first time can make you feel awkward; for example, you might feel embarrassed if you accidentally catch it in a doorframe. First the price, and then the item itself will be forgotten.
It might be hidden in the cracks of the couch or beneath the sheets. Perhaps you forget it at a friend’s house or at the office. The worst-case scenario is that it is lost forever because it was stolen or misplaced.
There are a few options to try before giving up the quest for your missing Apple Watch. If you lose your Apple Watch or any other Apple product, you can easily track it down with the help of Apple’s Find My function.
Finding a Misplaced Apple Watch
The Find My app on your iOS iPhone or iCloud.com will help you locate your missing Apple Watch. Your Apple Watch, like your iPad, iPhone, or Mac, will appear on the Find My map as long as the device is on and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Get out your iOS device and fire up the Find My app.
- To see all the available gadgets, swipe up.
- Select Apple Watch from the drop-down menu.
- Simply select the sound option and press the play button.
- After you activate the “Play Sound” command, the Apple Watch will begin playing a gentle chirping sound that will increase in volume with each chirp.
Recovery of a Misplaced Apple Watch
It’s model-specific how to Find My handles a missing Apple Watch in the distant reaches of the globe. The Series 3 and Series 4 Apple Watches estimate their location using GPS and a reliable Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
Series 1 Apple Watches lack GPS and instead rely on your iPhone’s location through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to determine their own location, making long-distance tracking unfeasible.
Although Find My won’t provide pinpoint accuracy when trying to track down a misplaced Apple Watch Series 2, Series 3, or Series 4, it will at least let you return to the area where the watch was last seen.
If you hit the Directions button while trying to track down an Apple Watch in this manner, you’ll be taken by Apple Maps to your device’s most recent known location.
Accessing Your Apple Watch From Your iPhone
In order to use Find My iPhone on your lost iPhone, you must have it turned on while wearing your watch. If you lose your Apple Watch, this app is the sole way to locate it online. If you’ve already activated the service, you can locate your Apple Watch by adhering to the steps below.
- Get out your iPhone and open the Find My app.
- Select the “Devices” menu.
- The location can be viewed on the Apple Watch’s map by tapping the screen.
- To make it ring, select the Play Sound option, and to get directions, use the Directions button. In the event that you don’t quickly locate the device, you can set it to inform you by toggling the Notify When Found switch.
- A button labeled “Activate” can be found in the “Mark as Lost” section. In order to turn off Find My, reset the watch, or couple it with an iPhone, a password will be required.
- If your misplaced Apple Watch isn’t showing up on the map, you should probably change your Apple ID password and contact the police.
A Lost Apple Watch Can Be Relocated With the Help of a Stranger’s Device
To locate your Apple Watch, you can still use a friend’s phone. If you don’t have access to an iPhone or computer, that’s okay.
And here’s how:
- Collect the lent-out iPad or iPhone.
- Travel to the Treasure My app
- You can learn more about me by selecting the “Me” button.
- Select the “Invite a Friend” button.
- Then decide to Change your Apple ID.
- Use the same Apple ID to access Find My that you used to activate it.