Kristen Bell (also known as K-Bell, Annie, or KB) is an actress and singer from the United States. Her acting career began with commercials and advertisements. She has since appeared in a number of advertisements and films.
Kristen Anne Bell was born in a Detroit suburb on July 18, 1980. Her father worked as a television news director in Las Vegas, so her family had some ties to the entertainment world. Her mother had worked as a nurse. Bell’s parents divorced when she was just two years old. She has several half-siblings because both of her parents remarried.
Bell graduated from Shrine Catholic School in 1998, rather than a public high school. During her stay at this private school, Kristen Bell developed an interest in theatre and acting, and she participated in a number of theatrical performances, often playing the lead. Her enthusiasm for theatre drove her to New York after graduation, where she majored in musical theatre at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
Bell was born in Michigan to a nursing mother and a television news director father. She began acting at a young age, starring in high school performances, and went on to study musical theatre at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. She dropped out of college before graduating to act on Broadway in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer in 2001.
Bell resumed applying for film and television roles after co-starring in The Crucible on Broadway with Liam Neeson and Laura Linney in 2002. She earned her big break as the titular character of Veronica Mars, which premiered in the fall of 2004 after modest parts and guest roles on the big and small screens. Bell also voiced the snarky blogger in Gossip Girl while working on Veronica Mars for four seasons.
Bell made her silver screen debut as Sarah Marshall in Forgetting Sarah Marshall shortly after Veronica Mars was canceled. She continued to work steadily after that, starring in films such as Frozen, Frozen II, Bad Moms, A Bad Moms Christmas, and more.
Kristen Bell dissolved her romance with Kevin Mann, whom she had been dating since 2002. Prior to their breakup, the pair had been engaged for a number of years.
Kristen Bell began dating Dax Shepard, a fellow actress from the Detroit area, the same year. The couple went on to star in other films together, including CHiPs, When in Rome, and Hit & Run. Despite becoming engaged in 2010, they didn’t marry until 2013. The couple shares two daughters.
Kristen Bell is a committed vegan who has been a vegetarian since the age of eleven. Bell and her husband became vegan after watching a documentary, and she is actively involved in the animal rights movement. She has several pets and is a supporter of various animal protection organizations.
Kristen Bell’s Net Worth and Accomplishments
Kristen Bell’s net worth is expected to be $40 million by 2022.
- For a Hollywood couple, Kristen and Dax had a surprisingly low–key wedding. It only cost me $142.
- Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical earned her the Satellite Award for Outstanding Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television in 2005.
- She won the Gold Derby Awards for Drama Lead Actress the same year for her work in Veronica Mars.
- Kristen earned the Saturn Award for Best Actress in a Television Series for Veronica Mars in 2006.
- Frozen received the Alliance of Women Film Journalists Award for Best Animated Female in 2013.
- For her work in House of Lies, she earned the People’s Choice Award for Favourite Premium Cable TV Actress in 2016.
- Kristen won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Actress in a New TV Series in 2017.
- For her work in A Good Place, she won the People’s Choice Awards for Comedy TV Star of 2019.
- Kristen was honored on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Picture Star the same year.
- She recently won the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards #SeeHer Award for All Film Work in 2020.